Date: Monday, 30 April 2018
Time: 9.00am to 12.30pm (lunch provided from 12.30pm)
Venue: Pullman Hotel, Norfolk Room – King George Square, Brisbane
The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency and Queensland Building and Construction Commission are holding a seminar on Raising awareness about the risk of imported products containing asbestos.
The seminar will address how the importation of asbestos is regulated at the Australian border, the responsibilities of businesses in importing products and how goods can be verified to ensure they don’t contain asbestos. An interactive panel discussion will conclude the seminar.
This is a free event with morning tea and lunch being provided.
Guest speakers include:
- Richard L. Williams - QBC Board Chair
- Stephen Hledik - Acting Commander of Customs Compliance Branch, Australian Border Force, Department of Home Affairs
- Peter Tighe - CEO, Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency
- Brett Bassett - Commissioner, Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- Paul Goldsbrough - Executive Director, Safety, Policy and Workers Compensation Services - Office of Industrial Relations and Chair of the Asbestos Interagency Group
- Peter McGarry - Chief Advisor, Asbestos and Occupational Hygiene and Manager, Asbestos Unit, Workplace Health and Safety, Queensland
- Michael Shepherd - President, Queensland Asbestos Industry Association
- Trevor Torrens - Asbestos Disease Support Society representative
For further information or to RSVP, please contact Shane McArdle on (02) 9246 0558