How to make a Freedom of Information application
Applications for access to documents must:
- be in writing;
- state that the application is made under the Freedom of Information 1982 (the FOI Act);
- provide enough information concerning the documents sought as is reasonably necessary to enable a responsible officer of the department to identify them; and
- give details of how notices may be sent to the applicant (for example, a postal or email address).
- Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com or mailed to:
The Freedom of Information Officer
Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency
GPO Box 9880
SYDNEY NSW 2001
For further information about Freedom of Information visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website here.
Section 11C of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) requires the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency (ASEA) to publish information which has been released under the access provisions of the FOI Act, subject to certain exceptions. This is commonly known as the 'disclosure log' requirement. This requirement commenced on 1 May 2011.
The requirement to publish information in the disclosure log does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- other information covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above dot points.
The information described in the disclosure log table below has been released by ASEA under the FOI Act and is available for public access.
|FOI Ref No/File number||Date of information disclosure log listing||Summary of FOI request received by Agency/Minister||Description of information released under this disclosure log (and whether released in full or part)||Date when information may be deleted from a website|
|AA19/24||10 April 2019||All meeting minutes from the Heads of Workplace Safety Authorities Imported Materials with Asbestos Working Group since January 2016.||Freedom of Information - AA19/24 - Annexure A - Schedule of documents||N/A|
Information Publication Scheme
Information Publication Scheme Agency Plan
As required under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act), the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency (the Agency) commits to including the following information on its website:
- details of the Agency’s structure
- details of the Agency’s functions
- details of statutory appointments of the Agency
- the Agency’s annual reports
- details of consultation arrangements for members of the public to comment on specific policy proposal
- information in documents to which the Agency routinely gives access in response to requests under the FOI Act
- information that the Agency routinely provides to Parliament
- details of an officer (or officers) who can be contacted about access to the Agency’s information or documents under the FOI Act.
- the Agency’s operational information, which is information that assists the Agency to exercise its functions or powers in making decisions or recommendations that affect members of the public. This includes the Agency’s rules, guidelines, practices and precedents relating to those decisions and recommendations.