The Minister for Employment, Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, has today announced the appointment of a new Asbestos Safety and Eradication Council.
Appointments to the inaugural Asbestos Safety and Eradication Council expired on the 17th November 2016. Members are appointed by the Minister in accordance with Section 32 of the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency Act 2013.
The appointments include:
- Ms Diane Smith-Gander as Chair
- Ms Michelle Baxter as the member representing the Commonwealth
- Mr Jim Dodds (WA), Mr Andrew Kefford (ACT), Ms Julie Nielsen (QLD) and Ms Marnie Williams (VIC) as members representing State, Territory and local governments
- Mr Michael Borowick as the member representing the interest of workers in Australia
- Ms Tracey Browne as the member representing the interests of employers in Australia
- Ms Carolyn Davis and Ms Nancy Milne OAM as other members.
For more information about these appointments refer to the media release from the Minister for Employment, Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash today.
The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency thanks the members of the inaugural Council for their contributions and looks forward to working with the new Council.
The first meeting of the new Council is expected to take place in February 2017.